The Benefits of Cloud Availability
The Cloud is a means of delivering computing power as a service rather than as a product, meaning it is ideally suited to Business Continuity. Offering an affordable alternative to customers without sacrificing performance, makes Cloud services a highly attractive option for organizations that can find a balance between security and financial requirements and do not require a strong in-house technical team of IBM i experts.
Maxava Cloud solutions come in two main models:
– Customer premise-based production system to Cloud-hosted DR system (hybrid Cloud)
– Cloud-hosted production system to Cloud-hosted DR system
Within hybrid Cloud we offer full role swap-capable High Availability and also our lower cost Real-time Vaulting™ solution.
Conventional in-house Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) solutions are preferred in some business sectors such as banking, where major security concerns are paramount or where customers have a strong in-house IBM i technical team. Maxava fully supports these organizations through both Enterprise+ and SMB Maxava software.
Maxava’s Cloud-based models are also known as Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Recovery as a Service (RaaS), the benefits of which can be found below.
The Benefits of Maxava in the Cloud
• Industry-leading software delivering unsurpassed performance and ease of use.
• Professionally operated backup data center.
• 24x7x365 support with our specialist team of experienced, professional, IBM i technical experts.
• Tape backup service moved to the Cloud.
• Over 8 years of experience supporting Cloud-based solutions and hundreds of fully operational Cloud customers around the world.
• Proprietary, advanced remote and mobile monitoring tools.
• Low bandwidth solution, making internet-based replication standard
Solutions for the ISV
• As an IBM i Independent Software Vendor (ISV), you can offer DR as a Service (DRaaS) to your customer base.
• Build a Cloud offering for your own application – beginning with Disaster Recovery powered by Maxava.
• Create a recurring revenue stream for your business.
• Direct support of Maxava’s development lab if required.
• Includes Maxava Cloud Console widget, allowing customers to monitor replication.
• Off-site data protection protects organizations from data loss which can cause operational failures, legal compliance issues and reputation damage with their own valued customer base.
• Removes the capital cost of a second hardware server and introduces shared data center resources, leading to a lower overall cost.
• Support hours for system maintenance available for purchase on a per hourly basis.
• Simple monthly fee.
• No capital expenditure necessary.
• Pay for scalability only as needed, available on demand.
• The benefits of Maxava’s IBM Premier Partner and MSP status as well as our reseller accreditations.
• Turnkey solution including implementation, monitoring and support.
• Brand new, fully-redundant IBM i, storage and networking infrastructure – backed up by current manufacturer support agreements.
• Easy setup for Simulated Role Swap™ and full Role Swap Testing. Managed Role Swap testing available.
• Unlike hardware replication solutions, Maxava HA allows the backup system to be utilized for business intelligence applications.
• Access to Maxava’s team of experienced, professional, IBM i technical experts.