UBD TapeOut Option
UBD with TapeOut provides a hybrid backup solution for those companies who want to switch to virtual backups and restores but must also keep actual tapes to satisfy regulations. UBD with TapeOut gives you faster, easier in-house backups and restores and you can keep actual tapes for long term and archival storage.
How UBD TapeOut Works
UBD emulates a Fibre Channel or SAS-attached LTO tape device and stores tape images on a deduplicated volume under Windows 2019 server. These tape images can be directly restored to any attached host computer, such as IBM i, AIX, or Linux, or replicated over the network or Internet to another UBD server.
– TapeOut is an optional UBD feature that lets you write an actual LTO tape from any UBD tape image
– Use the TapeOut feature to write physical tapes to an LTO tape drive attached to the UBD appliance for compliance reasons or long term storage
– Restore the tape to the host system directly through your host’s tape drive without UBD
– Make tapes that are usable on any compatible host
– Read TapeOut produced tapes back into the same or a different UBD appliance. You can transfer a backup offsite or to local storage and then later restore the tape into the UBD tape appliance
– Produce tapes with AES-256 encryption so your backups are encrypted at rest, in transit, and on external media
– Write tapes using the UBD web interface or from your host computer using the EXECUBD function
To see TapeOut in action, see a 30-minute UBD online demo. See the features, ask questions, and learn how you can get the power and flexibility of a virtual tape archive with the benefit of continued tape production.